Re: SDP wrapper? Object-oriented API?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM, piranna@gmail.com <piranna@gmail.com>wrote:

> So, for your answer, I should understand it would be done/masked using
> high-level libraries, but on the bottom frames of the stack (hidden by
> WebRTC API or not, like it's at this moment) an offer/answer exchange will
> be always required, isn't it?

No this is wrong. Offer/Answer is something that should be implemented in
JavaScript. What you need are much more basic operations, such as "get the
list of supported media types" , "get the list of codecs for a media type",
"select the transmit codec for a media stream", "pause/resume media stream"
etc. Currently offer/answer in webrtc is build on top of API like this.
Look at
https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fwebrtc%2Fvoice_engine%2Finclude
and
https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fwebrtc%2Fvideo_engine%2Finclude

These are the API that are used internally. Wrapping them in JavaScript is
something that would make sense to me.
Roman Shpount