Re: On babies and bathwater (was Re: [rtcweb] Summary of Application Developers' opinions of the current WebRTC API and SDP as a control surface)

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Stefan Håkansson LK
<stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:

>>      Everyone is out to get their way which results in flame-wars
>> breaking out on the mailing list. I think people need to internalize
>> that they will not get their way 100%. It's no coincidence that
>> http://lcsd05.cs.tamu.edu/slides/keynote.pdf slide 11 says "Aim to
>> displease everyone equally" and not the other way around :)
>
> I have also noted the flame-wars on the list, and personally I don't
> think it is very constructive.

Frankly, the term "flame-war" is reserved for discussions that end in
personal attacks or are at minimum consist of provocations, FAIK. I
don't think we've had that on this list yet.

However, we've been going in circles for a while and it's time for
some concrete proposals instead of further discussion IMHO.

Cheers,
Silvia.