Re: [rtcweb] Proposed message to send to the IETF rtcweb and W3C WebRTC working groups.

2013/7/22 Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Philipp Hancke <fippo@goodadvice.pages.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> I said this before, but since you insist on repeating your argument i'll
>> repeat mine: I have running code doing exactly that.
>>
>> It's hard work and there are some points where this is PITA, I have
>> discovered numerous bugs in chrome (and the jingle spec) along the way, but
>> it's certainly not unfeasible.
>>

> Out of curiosity, does the same code work with Firefox?

And will it work with Opera, IE and any other browser without adapting
the code to the SDP those browsers will produce? and will it remain
working in future versions of Chrome and other browsers?

If it was a real JS API and the browsers properly implement it, then
the answer to all these questions would be "yes". But since this is
about dealing with a SDP blob string that can be represented in many
"compatible" ways by different browsers, I don't see it clear
(regardless I don't doubt at all about the quality of the JS code
which seems really good).

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo