Re: [rtcweb] Proposed message to send to the IETF rtcweb and W3C WebRTC working groups.

2013/7/22 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda@gmail.com>:

>>> You are obviously misinforming here. SIP is the signaling protocol and a
>>> SIP
>>> server has really little to deal with SDP -- I'm sure you know that.
>>
>> I was talking about a SIP device also implementing WebRTC in the media
>> plane.
>
> You wrote a SIP server, just read above.

I also wrote "SDP-XML" so obvisouly I meant a "SIP + media server" ;)

> And producing a xml blob instead of text plain blob does not make much
> difference from the architecture point of view, if that was your concern,
> nor simplifies things.

"Producing a XML blob"? Did I say that? where?

Well, rationale enough has been given in public-webrtc and IETF rtcweb
ML. You can read the archives or, much better, read the following
draft that, IMHO, summarizes all the API discussion:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raymond-rtcweb-webrtc-js-obj-api-rationale-00

You can also find useful the following document with the opinion of
various developers about the current WebRTC SDP-based API:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuaKXw3SkHMSdHlZdV9RN0xSWFhybVl4anJLRkVPV0E#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuaKXw3SkHMSdHlZdV9RN0xSWFhybVl4anJLRkVPV0E#gid=1

Regards.

--