Re: On babies and bathwater (was Re: [rtcweb] Summary of Application Developers' opinions of the current WebRTC API and SDP as a control surface)

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Martin Steinmann <martin@ezuce.com> wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2013, at 6:18 PM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 19 July 2013 15:05, Martin Steinmann <martin@ezuce.com> wrote:
> >> The aggressiveness of argument on this list is perplexing.
> >
> > You are new here I see.  I don't find it perplexing, as much as I find
> > it disappointing and exhausting.
>
> I have been on this list for a long time, likely like many others who are
> wondering what is going on.
>
> Does anyone really expect Google and Mozilla to change their
> implementation just because some other companies want to build, for the
> most part, proprietary peer-to-peer systems?

What is a "proprietary peer-to-peer system"?  And why should the WebRTC API
not allow it?

To transform the multi-billion dollar telecoms industry into a Web economy