Re: Proposal: Different specifications for different target audiences

On 19/07/2013 1:14 PM, tim panton wrote:

> On 19 Jul 2013, at 17:16, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org
> <mailto:cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>> wrote:
>
>>   * The APIs should be driven by use-cases and developed from the
>>     top-down.
>>

> I didn't like that mechanism 18 months ago, and I'm not keen on it now -
> There was a long list of use cases produced at the time,
> almost none of which describe what people are actually doing with the
> current webRTC
> implementations.
>
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtcweb/current/msg02491.html
>
> T.

Tim,

     The kind of use-cases you were asking for could only have come from
Web Developers, not Browser Vendors or Integrators.

     When you asked this question 18 months ago, virtually no Web
Developers were looking at WebRTC. Times have changed.

Gili