From: Harald Alvestrand [harald@alvestrand.no]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:42 PM
To: Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE)
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] e= lines (Re: Summary of Application Developers' opinions ..)

On 07/18/2013 07:10 AM, Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE) wrote:
> But there is no spec for webrtc saying what the browser should or should not do with an e= line in each of the places where SDP is a parameter. When there is, we can move on to the next thing that isn't specified.

The SDP specification actually answers this, by omission (RFC 4566
section 5.6).

There is no spec anywhere that says that anything should be done with an
e= line.
So the browser should conform to that spec, and do nothing with it.

Of course, if you choose to represent everything that *is* actually
defined in an SDP specification as undefined for the browser use case,
you will have a lot of undefineds to cover.

But I don't think that's a reasonable way to approach the problem.