Re: URL.createObjectURL() for DataChannels

Piranna, now that I understand a bit better what you're driving at....

I think an URI for a data channel might be useful in some cases:

- Passing a data channel by reference between components inside a
browser. At the moment, we haven't talked about WebWorkers and WebRTC at
all; there are certainly things we can do if we can use WebWorkers on
PeerConnections and data channels - or even pass data channels between tabs.

- Plugging a data channel into some JS interface that expects some other
kind of resource. This would probably require some kind of wrapping URL
scheme (HTTP isn't one, which was what I was initially confused about),
and some careful consideration of semantics (data channels send
messages, not bytes, for instance), but could be useful.

Both of these are reasonable things to do within browsers; if I
understand you correctly, there isn't really an use case for passing the
URI of a data channel between browsers, since it refers to a local
object that can't be passed over the Internet.

Do I understand it more correctly now?