Membership of this WG (Re: [rtcweb] Summary of Application Developers)

On 07/15/2013 06:23 PM, cowwoc wrote:
> On 15/07/2013 9:15 AM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
>> I've read a lot of email that talk what the working groups have
>> consensus on in regards to the overall API, but I can only really
>> nail down a couple of concrete things (everything else seems unclear):
>>
>> 1.  A year or so ago, almost everyone was against CU-RTCWEB.
>>
>> 2.  Since then, few, if any proposals to change or add to the core of
>> the API have been proposed.  None have made any progress.
>>  (Specifically, I mean things that would allow JS control without
>> doing SDP mangling)
>>
>> 3.  There's a very, very strong push by working group leaders to stay
>> focused on shipping the current API and not change or add anything
>> major.  Any discussion of any API changes or additions that would
>> allow a JS app to do signaling without SDP is strongly frowned upon,
>> because it would threaten the progress on the existing API.   It's
>> even frowned upon to discuss with web developers what their use cases
>> and pains are, since their feedback might threaten progress.
>>

>> Is that an accurate summary?
>
>     This is an excellent discussion thread.
>
>     If you don't mind, I'd like to add the following question:
>
> 4. Who are the members of the Working Group?
>
>     Once we get this answered, I'd like to make sure that the majority
> of the Working Group responds to this thread as opposed to what has
> happened in the past.

Gili

You might want to consider carefully the fact that this is a World Wide
Web Consortium working group, and operates under World Wide Web
Consortium rules, which have lots of paragraphs dealing with procedures,
appeals procedures, objection procedures, and so on.
Don't ask others to read those procedural documents for you; they're
publicly available.

These procedures are generally seen as a fallback to handle the cases
where consensus cannot be achieved; if we're discussing how to achieve a
majority vote to ignore a formal objection, in one sense we have already
lost. I hope we won't get there.

However, at the moment, I can't find anyone named "Gili" or a company
named "Darktech" on the membership list, so it seems that the formal
procedures are not available to you; you're absolutely welcome to
participate in the consensus process, but if you want to raise issues
formally, you might want to consider Consortium membership.