Re: DOM Futures

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>wrote:

> * cowwoc wrote:
> > 3. Revisiting DOM Futures in light of the fact that the API has been
> >    officially frozen since our last meeting:
> >    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2013Jun/0075.html
>
> Tab Atkins told people "The spec is done." already back in mid-april,
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013AprJun/0146
> and much has changed since.

This is inaccurate. Very little has changed. Semantically, only one
corner-case is handled differently, and even then only in an observable way
under special conditions. The naming has changed for some methods, but this
was anticipated and indicates EVEN GREATER stability as it has been
accepted by both TC39 and in the draft DOM spec.

We should, however, expect to see continued *additions* to the set of
static methods on the Promise object.

Your mis-characherization of the state of the proposal may lead to your
conclusion, in which case it might be worth re-visiting it.