Re: Locus of API discussion

Hi Gili,

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:

> Ted,
>
>     I agree, with one caveat: virtually none of the high-level
> stakeholders (spec editors, browser vendors, etc) bother to engage the
> community on public-webrtc.

    What's the point of discussing the API on this mailing list if our
> opinion goes unnoticed? We shouldn't be moving the discussion to
> public-webrtc as a nice way to filter us out. This discussion requires
> their attention, be it on one mailing list or the other. I don't mind where
> we discuss it, so long as they get involved.

You'll note that we are talking about the *public* webrtc list; there
should be no filter to participation on that list.  Having it on a single
list should lower the barrier to participation in the discussion, since
folks won't have to track the discussion across them (and potentially
repeat their points in both places).

regards,

Ted Hardie