RE: VS: Teleco Integrators vs Web Developers vs Browser Implementers

Implementers

>Right, the current API is ill suited to support leading edge protocols. I
100% agree with you. That's why I'm proposing an alternative that allows for
>today's protocols but doesn't prohibit the future from happening too.

OK, so you would like to add a new use case that is important to you, but
not (yet) to most others.  If stated as such I would agree that this should
be a basis for a discussion, provided it does not completely derail the
existing process and timeline for the rest of us.

--martin

>And even though I didn't bring up the topic because I explicitly try not to
promote on these forums, Open Peer is "open". It's not official "standards
>track" via an official "standards body" but a open project like many other
open projects. As a reminder, XMPP did not start out in the standards >track
either when it first came out. Not every standard has its origins being
designed by a committee before being crowned a "standard".