RE: VS: Teleco Integrators vs Web Developers vs Browser Implementers

Implementers

>We already have an API that is very much disagreed upon by those of us
actually trying to use it now!

>-Robin

. meaning for those implementing P2P and other proprietary protocols such as
Open Peer.  It should not be about browser to browser, but browser to any
and a standardization process like this is ill-suited to accommodate leading
edge experiments with new protocols.

--martin

If you want to solve 'world hunger' you will likely never get to any API
anyone will agree with.  What I would suggest is that the group gets back to
focus.  The primary application is voice and video at least in my book and
the standard protocols for that are SIP and XMPP and I haven't heard
anything to the contrary on this list.  Avoiding gateways and media
anchoring points and enable seamless enterprise interop between different
devices might cost you a few more bits on the wire or a bit more complexity
for your proprietary app, but so be it.  Otherwise, create your own browser
plugin and you can do whatever.
--martin