Subject: Re: Proposed interim agenda
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 09:09:29 +0100
From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
To: public-media-capture@w3.org

On 2013-01-03 18:02, Eric Rescorla wrote:
> Chairs,
>
> Following on my proposed RTCWEB agenda, I've been doing some thinking
> about the WebRTC agenda as well. Given the recent activity on gUM and
> the size of the various proposed architectural changes, I think we
> should spend a lot of time (maybe 50%+) on that, with the balance
> spent trying to resolve specific blocking questions on WebRTC.
>
> This is rather more than Stefan had suggested in his message of
> December 17th, but when I look at where the implementations are and
> the state of the specs, it looks to me like we can actually get gUM
> finished now and that will bring a lot of implementation stability,
> where we know that WebRTC isn't going to be totally nailed down for a
> while. Not uncoincidentally, at least this is what works best for
> Mozilla's schedule. I can't speak for others.

Ekr, many thanks for this input. I fully agree to that we should try to
finalize the gUM doc quickly, since it seems like that is where we can
make best progress.

Before proposing the split 1 half-day gUM and 2 half-days webrtc Harald
and I discussed back and forth. We had the hope that we should have
sorted out a lot already by the f2f regarding gUM and that is the reason
we ended up in the proposal of Dec 17th.

Of course we can change this, the only potential problem is if there is
someone who is only active in the media-capture TF (and not in webrtc)
who has objections (perhaps due to already booked flights).

Stefan