Re: PeerConnection on WebWorker

On 02/25/2013 05:13 PM, piranna@gmail.com wrote:

> Also another advantage of this would be to increase throughtput of
> DataChannels when used intensively as in my application since working
> from inside the WebWorker they don't get interfered from the main UI
> thread.
>
> Sent from my Android cell phone, please forgive the lack of format on
> the text, and my fat thumbs :-P
>
> El 24/02/2013 23:51, "Alexey Aylarov" <aylarov@gmail.com
> <mailto:aylarov@gmail.com>> escribió:
If there's someone who understands the model of Web Workers and is
interested in the subject, can that person please volunteer to provide
some text (with pointers) on:

- What it means to use a PeerConnection from a WebWorker (or a
SharedWorker?)
- What the security implications are
- What the concurrency implications are
- What needs to be changed in our current spec to allow it?

I know that multithread programming has quite a few interesting
"gotchas" in other languages / runtime environments; I assume that the
Javascript WebWorker environment is no different in that regard (but the
"gotchas" are, I'm sure, different).

It seems less than efficient to have people singing the praises of
WebWorkers piecemeal, and having no context to place this idea against.

           Harald