Re: RTCDataChannel characteristics and failures

On Dec 29, 2013, at 12:25 AM, piranna@gmail.com wrote:

>> An unreliable channel is configured to either
>> limit the number of retransmissions (maxRetransmits) or set a time during
>> which retransmissions are allowed (maxRetransmitTime). These properties can
>> not be used simultaneously and an attempt to do so will result in an error.
>
> Why they can't be set at the same time? I think it would be make sense
In the SCTP socket API the policies are handled by an enumeration, not
by flags. So you specify a single policy for each message. So current
implementations handle it that way. For PR-SCTP use cases considered
up to now, this was acceptable.
> for some use cases...
Any concrete example?

Best regards