Re: Material for discussing scoping for version one

On 12/16/2013 04:56 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2013, at 8:36 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>
>> <WebRTC 1.0 In%2FOut - W3C.pdf>
> This list might be ok as the start of TODO list of things we still need to resolve but the idea that default decision is "Ignore unknown mandatory constraints" is something that we could decide if we we do it now or later makes no sense. That is something we need to decide before we get the 1.0 spec out.
Agreed. If you look carefully in the "proposed decision" column, that
particular row has "no" as the proposed decision.

In general, the proposed decisions are "Yes" (do it before LC), "Not in
1.0" (we may or may not do it later) and "No" (we won't do it, and
recommend that the question not be revisited either).

>   Many of the other things on this list are things that need to be fixed in the spec before the 1.0 goes out. Other things in the speed sheet seem just wrong. For example roll back is in the spec
It may be in JSEP. It may be in some private draft you have not uploaded
yet. It's not in http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html.

>   and required for many of our use cases. It's nearly impossible to build applications that talk to devices with where you might get an error without it.

I take it you are saying this should be "yes", then.

> Given most these things will need many minutes of discussion to even understand what they are, and that we one hour total, how do you plan to run the meeting? Let me make this much cripser, as chair, can you sort out a list of items you think are the right ones to consider for removal in the 1.0 spec?

We start out with this list. Then we remove things from it.