Re: No way to specify remote constraints?

On 3 Dec 2013 10:06, "cowwoc" <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:

> On 02/12/2013 6:01 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>

>> On 3 Dec 2013 09:16, "Martin Thomson" <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Only if your application slavishly does everything the browser tells
it to.

>> If you use .enabled in Chrome > 30 in my experience it renegotiates over
SDP with the other end to mute audio on the sending side. That's just my
app doing what the spec says and the browser supporting what the spec says
IIUC.

>> Silvia.
>
> Hi Silvia,
>
> Okay, but then the next question is: does WebRTC fire an event when the
stream is modified (in this case, getting muted)? I want to overlay an
image on top of the remote video when it gets muted. I need some way of
finding out when the muting occurs. This sounds vaguely related to the
"renegotiated" event but I don't think it gets fired.

I think Chrome has it, but Firefox hasn't yet. You'll need to experiment -
I'm not near a computer right now.

> Also, you muted audio. It remains to be seen whether this is implemented
for video as well (though I don't see a reason for them to implement one
without the other).

You can do both. Video goes black when muted.

Cheers,
Silvia.