Re: Stats variables - some more input

> The union defeats our purpose, since it limits the legal forms of
> stats to just those that made it into the union; we want to be able to
> add new stats at will, including implementation-defined ones.

Yes, good point, and this union trick didn't work anyway, as I mentioned
in the followup.

>> The second point was that getters apparently have name collision
>> issues, and he was wondering if it would be better for our needs to
>> return a (read-only) "Map-like" object
>> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#MapClass like this:
>>
>>   [MapClass(DOMString, AnyRTCStats)]
>>   interface RTCStatsReport {};
>
> This seems like an interesting direction to go - would this be instead
> of using Dictionary?

It would be instead of the getter. We would still return dictionaries.

> Which interfaces today utilize the [MapClass] extended attribute? (I
> like to look at examples...)

MapClass is very new. It is discussed here:
-
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013AprJun/0589.html
-
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013AprJun/0631.html

The only "use" I found is
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-variables/#the-CSSVariablesMap-interface

My understanding is that any object is "map-like" if it implements the
mentioned set of methods (or a subset for read-only objects) that let
users treat the object like a map (associative array).

Without waiting for [MapClass] extended attribute support, here's what
I'm using:

   // [MapClass(DOMString, object)]
   interface RTCStatsReport {
       void forEach(RTCStatsReportCallback callbackFn, optional any
thisArg);
       object get(DOMString key);
       boolean has(DOMString key);
   };