Re: Improving disconnection handling

On 10 April 2013 18:48, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
>     I don't like users staring at a "frozen" image for five seconds. If I
> had a way of finding out when the last video frame was received, I would
> fade out the video immediate after it begins hanging and fade it back in
> when it reconnects. What do you think?

I think that you need to work on a precise definition of "begins
hanging" such that it could be detected.  You might also find that a
fadeout over such a short lapse is more annoying to your users than
you think.  There may be a way of getting the time of the last
rendered update, but keep in mind that the time for the video will
probably be based on the sender clock, which can drift in relation to
the local clock.  You really don't want false positives.