From: Justin Uberti [mailto:juberti@google.com]
Sent: 09 April 2013 01:02
To: cowwoc
Cc: public-webrtc@w3.org
Subject: Re: Notify when connection was not possible because firewall issues

This will be communicated by an iceConnectionState change to "failed". I think there is an open bug in the Chrome WebRTC tracker for this.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 6:36 AM, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org<mailto:cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>> wrote:
On 08/04/2013 8:47 AM, piranna@gmail.com<mailto:piranna@gmail.com> wrote:
I have find the problem to not be able to connect using PeerConnection
because I was using a STUN server instead of a TURN one. It would be
nice (if possible) to add on the specification an error messages when
trying to do a connection with a STUN server when both peers are
behind symetric firewalls instead of silently ignore it, because it's
not an evident bug and would be nice to notify to the user of this
problem, too.

Unix."
– Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux

+1. Silent or vague errors must go :)

Gili