RE: Stats interface - Some comments on specific stats

Hi Harald,

See below

Regards
Andy

For G.711 and some other codec's then RFC 3389 states that "The receiver can detect silence suppression on the first packet received after the silence by observing that the RTP timestamp is not contiguous with the end of the interval covered by the previous packet even though the RTP sequence number has incremented only by one".

Such a count would I think be useful if silence suppression is enabled as experience has shown that this can be the cause of audio quality issues.

> I don't know how we would do this with OPUS.

It would not apply to OPUS assuming unless the OPUS implementation in the browser implements the discontinuous transmission mode.

> Another question .... what's the use case - ie what decision do you
> want
> to make based on this data?

Simply want to work out the likely source and cause of audio quality issues.