Re: DataChannels API

From: Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:21:07 +0200
To: Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>
CC: "public-webrtc@w3.org >> \"public-webrtc@w3.org\"" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Hi

I want to bring up another issue while we're discussing the DataChannel.

Garbage collection
When should a DataChannel instance be garbage collected?

Proposal: Align behavior with WebSockets. This means that if the
readyState is "connecting", "open", or "closing" and at least one event
listeners is registered for any of the open, message, error or close
events, then DataChannel must not be garbage collected. (In case the
initial reference is lost, a reference to the DataChannel object can be
obtained from the evt.target property of an event fired on the DataChannel.)

/Adam