Re: Transport change in MS Proposal

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 12:55:44 -0700
To: "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <fluffy@cisco.com>
Cc: Li Li <Li.NJ.Li@huawei.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 3 September 2012 09:36, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) <fluffy@cisco.com> wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2012, at 3:35 PM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Javascript should not block in this way.  If your javascript does not
>> return control to the browser at least 60 times a second,
>
> Have you actually looked at how long the JS blocks on most pages that use a bunch of it? I think you are in the wishful thinking zone on this one.

Sure.  And you can extend that to include pages that have high demands
on responsiveness.  That's not to say that those pages would expect to
do anything in near real time.  That doesn't necessarily mean that a
latency of 16ms is not achievable for pages that actually care about
responsiveness.

--Martin