Re: Tracks in multiple Stream …. Re: Teasing apart the data API questions

On May 17, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

> On 05/17/2012 09:03 PM, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> > Sure, that all makes sense along with the examples you and Harald raised but I should have been more precise in my original email. I'm talking about in the context of a single PeerConenction objects. In all these example there would still only need to be one of theses media streams added to a given PeerConenction object. So, I'm still at the same place of not seeing why we need this that I was when I started this thread...
> So when you said
>
> "I'd like to back up and talk about normal Tracks being attached to more
> than one stream."
>
> you really meant whether it should be possible to have more than one
> track containing the same stream added to a single PeerConnection object?

Yes - and apologies for my email not actually saying that in any way

> That's not what I thought you were asking ....

Uh, yah, my fault not yours

> I really don't see the
> useful situation either, but OTOH adding such a restriction in the API
> seems quite difficult to me; we would have to specify that the AddStream
> of a PeerConnection object could fail if one of the tracks inside the
> stream is already attached to the same PeerConnection, which is a "late
> surprise".

agree that sort of API error would just make things worse - I think the point I was trying to get to is that they are synchronized.