Re: Question about sync / async for createOffer and createAnswer

On May 9, 2012, at 2:31 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:

> On 9 May 2012 11:22, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com> wrote:
>> Hmm... I'd be generally not thrilled if my implementation didn't guarantee
>> that caling setLocalDescription() in the callback didn't succeed, modulo
>> some sort of emergency condition. Makes it hard to write the JS code...
>
> Sure.  A browser would fully intend to honour the offer.  And I'd
> expect that to be the case in all but the rarest cases.  But as time
> passes, its ability to do so might change.  Someone else might grab
> the necessary "resources".

We working on the assumption that the thing returned by createOffer must "work" if passed to setLocalDesctiption - the time is needs to be "valid" for is at least until the browser user agent returns to stable state. So I think that matches what you are saying - it needs to work for bit, but not long.