Re: Draft of alternative JSEP API proposal

On 03/16/2012 05:11 PM, Neil Stratford wrote:
> Hi,

>> I think the reason for asynchronous callbacks is to not stop the JS
>> execution (which would lead to unresponsive apps). E.g., if the
>> signaling messaged could be delivered immediately on request that
>> would not be needed. I don't know if that is possible or not (guess
>> it depends a bit on the underlying implementation and if new
>> candidates must be obtained and so on).
>
> I agree that we would never want to block, but is there anything
> besides candidate gathering that could block? The candidate state
> machine needs to be driven by the browser, but codec negotiation etc
> presumably would never block. (or can it?)

I have the same feeling, but must say I don't know. Could it be that in
certain implementations this is handled by resources in the OS, and
those resources can be temporarily blocked by other applications using
them? And in that case for so long that it matters?

Stefan