Re: New spec: Restarting ICE

Hi Harald

talking about this next call, I want to say something.

In traditional LTE world, that UE can retain some bearer context and IP
addresses both in the network and devices, to save the time for setup IP
connection with network.

I have no concrete proposal, but why not peerconnection can has an idle
state, but must be closed after call finished? Especailly when you open an
webrtc page with your friend for a long talk (several hours?), you may put
peerconnection in idle state to save bandwidth and resources, and when you
click to call again, the peerconnection and restore from idle to connected
for very short time.

Just some thought on this, may not be correct.

--
Yang
Huawei