Re: Summary of desired spec updates (Was: summary of some ongoing discussions)

On 07/19/2012 04:05 PM, Tommy Widenflycht (ᛏᚮᛘᛘᚤ) wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Stefan Hakansson LK
> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com
> <mailto:stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/18/2012 03:33 PM, Tommy Widenflycht (ᛏᚮᛘᛘᚤ) wrote:
>

>         Also more importantly for setRemote is that you want to make
>         sure the
>         SessionDescription has been processed/handled before calling
>         createAnswer.
>

>     Ah, that is a good point. What you are saying is that "createAnswer"
>     must (to be sure things work) be executed in the success callback of
>     "setRemote('the incoming offer');".
>

> That's correct. Sorry for the fuzzy description.
I don't think there was any problem with the presentation, it was more
my brain thinking slowly :-).

But thinking a bit more, the createAnswer call is already async. The
browser would know if setRemote was called before createAnswer, and
could just delay the callback from createAnswer until the offer has been
successfully applied (and if it could not be successfully applied, of
course some error event must be fired).

Stefan