Re: DTMF

On 07/19/2012 10:06 AM, Tommy Widenflycht (ᛏᚮᛘᛘᚤ) wrote:
> OK, so the DTMF string goes into the RTP steam and audio mixing, if
> any, will happen on the receiver side. Fine, but I still think that
> the data channel could equally well be used for this without
> complicating the PeerConnection API with something that just a
> fraction of users needs. However I leave this to the list.

The use cases document has an use case where the WebRTC application has
to send DTMF (the FedEx use case). There is no use case where the WebRTC
application has to receive DTMF.

I understand the desire to make WebRTC applications capable of doing all
things for all people, but for version 1 of the spec, I suggest that the
reception of DTMF remains out of scope.

                       Harald