Re: Data API Proposal aligned to WebSocket

On 2/24/12 8:37 PM, Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:
> Randell Jesup wrote:
>> dataChannel close. Detailed protocol description will be done in IETF
>> rtcweb.
> You may get some pushback on that, since it's ostensibly outside the
> scope of the rtcweb WG's charter. My guess is that belongs somewhere
> under the app area, but hybi (where WebSockets was done) is rather
> specific to HTTP.

as HyBi co-chair,
I would agree that it doesn't fit in the current HyBi charter that is
specifically chartered for

     bidirectional communication between an HTTP client and an HTTP server that
     provides greater efficiency than previous approaches

(see the last new charter: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/charters )

but I understand that is the place where you already have all the people
with the competences you need or kind of ...

as contributor,
I think that the work is quite small enough to be hosted by the same RTCWeb

--
Salvatore Loreto
www.sloreto.com