From: Ravindran, Parthasarathi [mailto:pravindran@sonusnet.com]
Sent: 20. helmikuuta 2012 11:55
To: Christer Holmberg; Hutton, Andrew; Cullen Jennings
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org; public-webrtc@w3.org
Subject: RE: [rtcweb] JSEP-02: SDP_PRANSWER and FEDEX use-case

Hi Christer,

Even I had thought through Cullen statement before reply to him in the another mail thread. As per your clarification, Each Codec (like g711 library, g729 library) will be loaded in the memory in the run-time based on offer and released based on the final answer for the memory saving. I agree that this mechanism is useful for DSP based VoIP endpoints wherein it is possible to load only one codec (or few codec) at the same time, mostly only one of the codec (first codec) will be loaded based on the answer and send Re-INVITE to indicate the committed codec in DSP. My understanding is that the same issue does not exists for WebRTC browser running in laptop, desktop and those devices will be capable of loading the multiple codec without impacting the system performance. Please correct me in case I misunderstand the system design here. I'm not very sure about Smartphone architecture w.r.t multiple codec handling.

I have asked for 18x with SDP and 2xx without SDP scenario just to indicate the complication building up in the JavaScript offer/answer FSM because of the (provisional/final) response specific offer/answer model.

Thanks
Partha