Re: [rtcweb] JSEP-01: Associating ICE candidates with m- lines

From: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:23:40 -0500
To: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Christer Holmberg <
christer.holmberg@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In jsep-01, an "m- line reference" has been added to the a=candidate
> attribute, in order for the browser to indicate for which m- line the
> attribute belongs to.
>
> Q1: As, within a session, as new SDP offers may be sent (and, as least in
> theory I assume, new local candidates may be provided), I wonder whether
> it, in addition to the m- line reference, also would be useful to include
> an SDP version reference (found the SDP o- line)?

Need to think through the exact scenario where this would come into play,
but it seems useful. If you have a flow in mind, I'd be interested in
seeing it.

> Q2: If BUNDLE is used, multiple m- lines may share the same candidates, so
> it should be possible to indicate that an a=candidate attribute belongs to
> multiple m- lines - AND/OR to indicate that it belongs to a given bundle
> group.

In this case I was going to have the IceCallback fire twice with the same
candidate, once for each m= line. I think this is the simplest approach,
but let me know if you see an issue with it.