From: rtcweb-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:rtcweb-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf
Of Christer Holmberg
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:27 AM
To: rtcweb@ietf.org; public-webrtc@w3.org
Subject: [rtcweb] JSEP-01: Release of non-needed ICE candidates

Hi,

Assume my SIP JS app gets an offer, and some ICE candidatates, generates
and sends a SIP SDP offer.

Later, the browser provides additional ICE candidates (using the ice
callback function).

My SIP JS app is not interested in the additional ICE candidates.

Q1: Is it possible for the JS app to inform the browser that it does not
need the additional ICE candidates? For example, if my app is given turn
candidates, which I am not going to use (read: offer to the remote
party), there is really no need for the browser to maintain the
connection with the turn server.

Q2: Do we assume that the browser at some point (e.g. when the
associated answer is provided) will be able to release resources
associated with non-needed ICE candidates?

Regards,

Christer