Re: Next Telco

On 14 Feb 2012, at 19:40, Justin Uberti wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> On Feb 14, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Stefan Hakansson LK wrote:
>
> > On 02/14/2012 04:47 PM, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> > >
> > > Midnight to 1:30 AM San Jose time? Seriously ?
> >
> > There are people in all time zones; we have offered times that are
> > suitable also for people in Asia when Doodling.
>
> The problem is doing this way just results in us always picking a time that is bad for people in Asia. I don't know really know what the right solutions is - in some other meetings I participate in we have tried to alloc the meetings so the percentage of time they are really bad for a certain set of participates corresponds roughly to the percentage of representation from that group.
>
> +1. Last telco was 2-4AM ET, 11 PM-1AM PT, so it seems fair to have a good North America time for this call.

As an aside, I did some work a while back in async teleconferences (with verbol.com ) embedded in google wave.
Folks who were asleep when the live call ran were at less of a disadvantage, because they could listen through the playlist
and insert their comments as the conversation progressed. These *spoken* comments became a side track to the recording.
Original participants were encouraged to go back and listen to new comments in their context.

The net result took a bit of getting used to, but it did mean that _everyone_ got their say over the period of about 48 hours.

This used a web embedded audio plugin - and would have used webRTC if it had existed back then - so it is
representative of the sort of innovative things webRTC may encourage.

Speaking _entirely_ for myself and not representing verbol.com in any way....

Tim.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk