Re: Single offer with multiple answer handling in JSEP [was RE: [rtcweb] New JSEP draft posted]

Regarding your previous mail, an ANSWER after an ANSWER would either fail
(if we wanted to simplify), or replace the previous ANSWER (essentially the
same as if you had done setLocalDescription(OFFER, localDescription)
followed by setRemoteDescription(ANSWER, answer2).

In no case would it mix the descriptions/media from both answers.

Other comments inline below.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 1:24 AM, Ravindran, Parthasarathi <
pravindran@sonusnet.com> wrote:

>  Hi Justin,****
>
> ** **
>
> Adding to my earlier mail, In case answer2 SDP is updated in offerer1
> browser without notifying answerer1, then answer1 will continue to transmit
> RTP which may not be desired behavior. IMO, we need to define this behavior
> clearly in offerer side. Some of the possible solutions are****

**

> **1)      **offerer1 has to send atleast RTCP BYE packets towards
> answerer1 while accepting the answerer2 SDP.  ****
>
> **2)      **Throw callback to clear answer1 SDP towards offererJS.

The application which called setRemoteDescription twice should have the
best idea about what is going on, and therefore is responsible for
notifying answerer1 that its answer has been discarded, if it makes sense
to do so. No callback should be needed here.