Re: SCTP mapping to data channels

On 02/03/2012 10:50 PM, Randell Jesup wrote:

> We *could* define that stream 0 is our control channel for handling the
> mapping of pc.createDataChannel() calls; used to inform the other end
> about them and any meta-data like labels (though I don't think in this
> usage they're needed) and type of stream (though SCTP itself doesn't
> require streams in opposite directions be correlated).  We also could
> use the PPID field for control info (see below).  In either case, we
> don't need to signal dataChannel creation/removal through the server
> (and SDP and JSEP), and I'd strongly recommend avoiding SDP/JSEP here.

Would there be a difference if there is a need to use ICE to
re-establish the connection? (To my understanding that would need to
happen e.g. if one of the enpoints would change the netw. adapter in use.)

I think that using e.g. stream 0 as control channel in the way you
describe sounds like a good idea, I just want to ensure that we don't
miss some aspect.

Stefan