Re: DTMF v4

From: Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:35:22 -0500
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>wrote:

>  On 12/17/2012 05:53 PM, Roman Shpount wrote:
>
> One more issue that I wanted to clarify: what happens to the tone that is
> currently being played when a new insertDTMF call is made? If I read the
> spec correctly the last tone in sequence and the the tone gap specified in
> the new call will always play out before the new tone sequence starts. But
> this begs the question, if I started the playback of 2 second long DTMF
> tone, is there any way I can stop it?
>
> If we follow the thought of Rodrigo Pastro, perhaps you should mute the
> track?
>
> This is, to my mind, an edge case of an edge case.

I was actually thinking about an ability to implement a DTMF tone generator
similar to a normal dial pad where tone is played while the button is
pressed. In this case I would be able to start a tone with some extremely
long duration, let's say 60 seconds, and cancel the tone playback when the
button is released.
Roman Shpount