Re: SDP <sess-version> element and Trickle Ice

On 14 December 2012 15:09, Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com> wrote:
>>
>> Leave the sess-version alone when new candidates are added to the SDP. If
>> it cares, the web app will need to parse the entire SDP to find out whether
>> any candidates have been added.
>

> Does this mean that in this case if WebRTC application needs to interop with
> anything it will need to generate new session versions in SDP when it sends
> an updated offer?

I tend to favour this approach.  I also think that the sess-version
can change in the responses to createOffer/createAnswer.

That way, if the application needs to interoperate, then it can call
createOffer/Answer (and setLocalDescription) each time it decides to
send a modified SDP.  If nothing has changed, then the
setLocalDescription is a no-op, but it tells the browser to notch the
sess-version along a few.

I have to say, crap like this that makes me shudder in horror.  Comment #22.