Re: candidate warm up

On 12/11/2012 07:58 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> For the discussion on Thursday (or Friday for our friends from the
> future) on warming up candidates.
>
> This summarizes the conclusions that we made at the face-to-face
> meeting.  If we can all agree that this is OK as proposed, then the
> time can be freed up for other discussion.
(with my personal contributor hat on)
This seems OK to me, but I have some questions on how it's supposed to
work...

- practical experience: How long are candidates usually valid for? If
they stop working (NAT timeout, TURN sever timeout), how can we tell?
- if candidate pool is pre-filled, is the intention that
createOffer/createAnswer makes an offer that has the candidates
available at the time? (I think yes)
- if candidate pool doesn't have the number of candidates needed, will
createOffer return an incomplete offer, and if one wants to have a
complete one, one has to wait for the necessary number of icecandidate
events before pulling a completed offer from localDescription (same as
without the pool)? (I think yes)
- are the candidates gone from the pool when createOffer has been
called, or will a new createOffer return the same candidates?
- if the pool has been depleted by a createOffer, is it ever refilled?
(I think not - when in established state, new candidates that don't
correspond to new addresses aren't needed)

I'm happy to incorporate text based on the proposal in the slides. We'll
iterate on it.