Re: [MMUSIC] SDP work needed for WebRTC stuff

From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:31:08 -0800
Cc: "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <fluffy@cisco.com>, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>, "<rtcweb@ietf.org>" <rtcweb@ietf.org>, mmusic WG <mmusic@ietf.org>, "<public-webrtc@w3.org>" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
To: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>

On Dec 10, 2012, at 5:16 , "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> This is not just MMUSIC, there are bits of AVTCORE and AVTEXT responsibility in there as well.

can you add a bit on what is needed in these WG just so I can keep track of it all

> And I don't see how you can suddenly extend the interim of RTCWEB to the scope of other working groups, without even having a discussion with all the relevant chairs.

I did not mean to do any such thing - obviously the MMUSIC WG would need to decide what to how it was going to do the work. All I was trying to say is there are some things that I think needs to be done in MMUSIC and I view it as out of scope for rtcweb. This clearly came as a surprise to some people who thought that was the main thing the interim meeting was going to be about. As an individual contributor for to the MMUSIC wg, I think that mmusic needs to figure out a substantial block of face to face time to sort out these SDP issues. I look forward to proposals on how to do that.