Re: Poll for preferred API alternative

From: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:43:39 -0700
To: Matthew Kaufman <matthew.kaufman@skype.net>
Cc: Stefan Hakansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Matthew Kaufman
<matthew.kaufman@skype.net> wrote:

> A poll which attempts to determine what creates the weakest objections for each > of the points of contention would be appropriate. (By, for instance, asking which
> alternatives one could live with vs. what would be highly objectionable.)

Just to simplify matters, would you like to suggest a set of common
metrics we can use to assign scores to our level of objection?  E.g.
level 1="Poor wine pairing"and level 10="You killed my father, prepare
to die."?

I'd hate for us to start down this path and then get bogged down in
dickering over what a "strong" objection is.  Surely there must be a
standard?

Or, of course, we discuss the technical merits instead of our feelings.

regards,

Ted Hardie