From: Martin Thomson [mailto:martin.thomson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:45 AM
To: Li Li
Cc: public-webrtc@w3.org
Subject: Re: Poll for preferred API alternative

On 29 August 2012 08:15, Li Li <Li.NJ.Li@huawei.com> wrote:
> Regarding implementing ICE in Javascript, this analysis [1] raises the issue
> that JS may not be able to satisfy the ICE timing requirements.
>
> In the Microsoft proposal [2], there is a JS example demonstrating ICE
> connectivity checking between local and remote ICE candidates:

We determined that the concerns raised with respect to timer
resolution were a non-issue.  The browser can manage the important
part of the pacing, that being the rate limiting of outgoing checks.

Section 6.4 [1] describes the behaviour expected of browsers, specifically:

    Binding requests must be globally rate limited by the browser.
    Any requests that cannot be immediately sent are enqueued.

[1] http://html5labs.com/cu-rtc-web/cu-rtc-web.htm#connectivity-checking