Re: On a particular design meme

I think that totally missing the point that most successful API and libraries take some complex functionality and wrap it up in a way that meets the users needs and is easy to use. It's not the users are stupid, it's that they want a productive tool to get something done. Let me give you an example - most people don't want to load a Adobe Type 1 font and figure out how to render it on the screen - they want  a library that has a simple function call where they tell the library render this tying using this font and this location.

I think you assertion that the work here is assuming the user is an idiot is just wrong and pretty distasteful. Do you have any evidence to back up this allegation?  I suspect you are getting confused by the discussion around things we need to do for security reasons to make sure that browsers can not be used for certain types of attacks.