Re: First agenda proposal webrtc telco

On 08/27/2012 04:07 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2012, at 12:30 PM, Stefan Hakansson LK
> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>

>> Perhaps we should change this; instead have more frequent telcos
>> with fewer topic which we cover in depth. I would certainly be open
>> for that if the WG (and my co-chair) thinks it is a good idea. And
>> it would be natural to focus on covering the issues (in priority
>> order) that block implementation in those meetings.
>
> I think we could survive a few more meetings but not too many more. I
> think many of the people working on this feel like all they ever do
> is prep material for the next standards meeting and never have time
> to actually do the standards work.

That is not good. However, I think the webrtc WG meetings are not the
only reason. Tomorrow is the first meeting since the f2f June 11th (and
Media Cap, if you include that TF, had its first meeting since June 7th
last week) if I remember correctly.

But you're right: we should not have more meetings than necessary.

> We don't need a lot more meetings
> - we need to have productive meetings. So far many of the meetings
> have the form of something is discussed for 20 minutes then no
> decisions is made. The next time we start right back where we were at
> the beginning of the previous 20 minute discussion. If we want to
> finnish this, the meetings need to pick topics we can come to a
> definitive conclusion on and drive them to conclusion.

That's why I proposed to change the outline of future telcos.