What is the closing state for?

From: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 07:15:17 -0700
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
Looking over the current specification I see that it specifies a "closing" state
for the RTCPeerStateEnum (see S 5.1.6). However, I don't see any way
to get into that state. The specification requires that when you call pc.close()
you transition right to the CLOSED state:

  When the close() method is invoked, the user agent must run the
following steps:

  If the RTCPeerConnection object's RTCPeerConnection readiness state
is CLOSED (3), throw an INVALID_STATE_ERR exception.

  Destroy the RTCPeerConnection ICE Agent, abruptly ending any active
ICE processing and any active streaming, and releasing any relevant
resources (e.g. TURN permissions).

  Set the object's RTCPeerConnection readiness state to CLOSED (3).

And looking through the document I see no references to any state transition
that would bring the PC (as opposed to the DataChannel) to CLOSING.

I propose we remove the CLOSING state.

-Ekr