Re: Proposed update of Milestones

On 16 August 2012 10:45, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> On 08/16/2012 02:42 AM, Martin Thomson wrote:
>>
>> On 14 August 2012 06:33, Stefan Hakansson LK
>> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Proposed milestones:
>>> FPWD: Q3 2011 (MS already passed, met in Q4 2011)
>>> LC: January 2013
>>> CR: March 2013
>>> PR: Q2 2013
>>> Rec: Q3 2012.
>>
>> These are aggressive.  Have the chairs discussed splitting the work
>> into smaller, more achievable portions so that more important items
>> could be completed ahead of other lower priority items?
>
> We think we have something close to the minimum set necessary to achieve our
> use cases now. If there are candidates for elimination that do not need
> elimination of use cases, or if there are specific use cases that you don't
> think we should consider for V1, please speak up.

That presumes that V1 is an atom.  That's a pretty big atom.

Media and data channel seem readily separable.  I'm not sure where we
stand with the IdP stuff, but that would be another such piece.
Apologies to my friends at Mozilla, who I know are deeply invested in
these particular features, but I'm sure we will hear from them if my
assessment on maturity is off-base.

I'm sure that given sufficient motivation, other pieces could be moved
later to facilitate shipping something sooner.

Fission of heavy atoms tends to lead to smaller pieces, and energy.
I'll let you judge whether that energy could be harnessed.