Re: Proposed update of Milestones

On 08/15/2012 08:42 PM, Adrian Bateman wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:33 AM, Stefan Hakansson LK wrote:
>> The chairs have drafted new milestones, and would like feedback on them.
> [...]
>> Proposed milestones:
>> FPWD: Q3 2011 (MS already passed, met in Q4 2011)
>> LC: January 2013
>> CR: March 2013
>> PR: Q2 2013
>> Rec: Q3 2012.
>>
>> Feedback appreciated!
> LC->CR in two months assumes few comments and quick turnaround on the
> disposition of comments and CfC to move to CR - might be fine but hard
> to predict what external feedback might be received at this point.
You've had more experience than me on this one.... turnaround depends on
the energy available to chairs and editors; whether the resolution is
acceptable depends on the community, which I find much harder to
predict, far less control.

> Going from CR->PR in three months seems like a challenge (completing a
> test suite, considering feedback generated by the tests, and presenting
> implementation reports, etc.).
I would like us to get the test suite work started now (as soon as
people are back from holidays).
Similarly, the implementation work is not waiting for the standards to
be finalized.