RE: Streams, ICE, and signaling

On 2011-09-02 23:51, Justin Uberti wrote:
> I also think we should remove the notion of "ICE Agents" from the
> spec, at least in regards to stream processing, because ICE is no
> longer involved in these activities. It probably makes more sense to
> simply refer to the PeerConnection itself.
> e.g. changing
> "When a PeerConnection ICE Agent finds that a stream from the remote
> peer has been removed (its port has been set to zero in a media
> description sent on the signaling channel), the user agent must follow
> these steps:"
> "When a PeerConnection finds that a stream from the remote peer has
> been removed (it has received a signaling message that no longer
> contains the CNAME that identifies this stream), the user agent must
> follow these steps:"
>
> Thoughts?

It's true that addStream/removeStream won't perform any ICE activities in the multiplexing case, but it is convenient, from an implementation point of view, that the spec defines a separation between an internal component owned by PeerConnection responsible for performing ICE and protocol-related operations, e.g. in the constructor, and the PeerConnection JavaScript object. But I agree that ICE Agent may not be the best name (we call it PeerHandler in our implementation in lack of a better name).

/Adam