Re: Clarification on media capture split between WebRTC and DAP

From: Anant Narayanan <anant@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:28:58 -0700
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
On Jul 25, 2011, at 11:33 AM, Francois Daoust wrote:
> In short: right now, DAP is looking at Web RTC to keep the "record" method, so we should get back to DAP if we decide not to handle it. Still images from a camera are not being handled by anyone, as far as I can tell.

At-least as far as implementation goes Mozilla is very interested in supporting both the recording & still image use-cases. Whether the API to do that is fleshed out in the WebRTC or DAP WG is less important, but since we are already pretty active here I would recommend that we include specifications to do both as part of the WebRTC working draft. We're going to implement it one way or the other anyway :)

Regards,
-Anant